TIME FOR THAT MOT TEST FOR YOUR BMW? HEAD DOWN TO BIG MOTORING WORLD SNODLAND
Why? Because Big Motoring World Snodland service centre is an approved MOT inspection and testing centre. Well, that may be stating the obvious, but there is more.
The service centre is owned by the Big Motoring World Group Limited. What about it? You might ask. Well, the BMW Group Limited is the largest independent dealer in used BMW cars in the entire country with over 1250 BMWs spread across its various outlets in the Kent area. Furthermore, the Group has been dealing with cars and specifically BMWs for the last 20 years. So it is safe to say that when it comes to BMWs, these guys know what they are doing.
Being an expert in BMWs doesn’t always mean you can provide quality MOT testing, true, but as stated earlier, the Big Motoring World Snodland centre has been approved to provide this service. The centre consists of an avant-garde workshop with the latest equipment in vehicle diagnostics and highly trained technicians with multiple years of experience.
So what should the MOT test look like? First of all, this is not like your regular car servicing so the test will not be checking the mechanical elements of your car. The MOT test simply examines the safety and roadworthiness of your vehicle. Now, with increased awareness on environmental conservation, the test will include aspects of exhaust emissions especially if your car is over 3 years old. So nothing will be dismantled during the test.
The MOT test is basically like your annual check-up at the GP’s. It is a full diagnostic of every inch of your car which includes an examination of:
- The Instrument Panel – for presence, condition and illumination.
- Registration plates and vehicle identification number – present, legible and secure.
- Steering mechanism – inside the car, under the bonnet and under the car.
- Lights – all of them should be operational and secure.
- Horn – accessibility, operation, audibility and should not be a multi-tone (don’t make your horn sound fancy)
- Brakes – both the parking brake and the footbrake.
- Windscreen, including washers and wipers, and mirrors.
- Vehicle structure, condition of the body and security – engine mounting, car battery and vehicle electrical wiring, presence of corrosion.
- Doors and bonnet catch.
- Seats and seat belts.
- Tires – both the tire and wheel.
- Fuel system – no leaks.
- Exhaust and emissions.
This list simply shows what the test will look at so you could take a look at some of the things you can see and fix beforehand so that you pass the test.
While you may not be able to fix all problems beforehand, you can have them taken care of at the Big Motoring World Snodland service centre. It isn’t just a test center; it is also a prestige used BMW servicing centre that will be able to handle any issues that may crop up during your test. It deals with genuine parts and since it has been working with BMWs for so long, it can get your car promptly repaired to get you back on the road soonest possible, regardless of the BMW model you have.